Client for Who’s Who Legal
Sofía Escribá, Partner
- Work Highlights
Sofía is a practice partner at Consortium Legal - Guatemala. She has more than 12 years of experience in corporate law. She specializes in mergers and acquisitions and legal advice in the regulated sector with emphasis in mining. She has experience in contract negotiation and shareholder agreements, foreign investment, and taxes. She is an expert in corporate governance, reorganization of businesses, and family businesses. She is one of the Guatemalan lawyers admitted to the New York Bar.
Currently, she is the President of the Board of Directors of Transforma, the local chapter of Women in the Profession of the Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice. During her career, she has been Director of Corporate Affairs for a transnational company in the mining sector. She has also given a seminar on Strategic Resources and has been an Assistant Professor of Tax Law.
- Advise Meykos in the sales of its operations to Farmacias Cruz Verde.
- Advise a retail business company in the investment by a third party, including corporate restructuring and negotiation of a shareholder agreement.
- Advise a Guatemalan distributor in the expansion of its business through the purchase of shares of another distributor.
- Provided advise to Tahoe Resources as Guatemalan counsel in the sale of its shares to Pan American Silver.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Legal Studies, New York University Law School, New York (2010)
- Degree in Juridical and Social Sciences, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala (2008)
Board of Directors, Transforma
Member, College of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala
Member, New York Bar
President of the Board of Directors of Transforma