Salvador Del Valle, Partner
Salvador is a practice partner at Consortium Legal - Guatemala. With more than 15 years of professional experience, he specializes in the development, construction and operation of renewable energy in the Central American region.
During his professional career, he has been in charge of important projects in the region, such as the development of approximately 250 MW of hydroelectric generation in Guatemala, being this the largest hydroelectric project in Guatemala. Under that project, 100 MW of solar generation were developed in El Salvador; 400 MW of wind and solar projects were acquired in Central America, through EPC and SPA contracts under New York Law, coordinating with local and foreign law firms and complying with the highest industry standards for the operation of the projects (Equator Principles, World Bank and IFC Guidelines), as well as for the financial compliance of the projects.
He has participated in the design of legal processes for operations and the preparation of contracts, taking into account business needs, operational risks, supply processes and people's capabilities, in order to achieve efficiency in such processes, as well as to minimize risks. Likewise, he has participated in the design of corporate governance, identifying the governing and administrative bodies, setting limits and responsibilities in their activities.
- Advised on the development of 250MW of hydroelectric generation in Guatemala and more than 100 MW of solar generation in El Salvador.
- Advised on the acquisition of 400MW of solar wind projects in Central America.
- Master's Degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues, España (2005)
- Contract and Commercial Manager Advanced Practitioner Certification, International Association for Contract and Commercial Management, England (2017)
- Diploma in Electricity Marketing and Regulation in Guatemala, EIA Center, Guatemala (2012)
- Lawyer and Notary, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala (2006)
- Colegio de Abogados y Notarios de Guatemala