Chambers Latin America
Rodrigo Taboada, Partner
Banking & Finance and Corporate Law
Rodrigo is a partner at Consortium Legal – Nicaragua, with more than 20 years of experience in the banking and financial sectors. He has experience in foreign investment, mergers & acquisitions, banking and securities, and advising in relevant international and local transactions that generate major impacts in the region. He provides ongoing advice to financial institutions in the execution of guaranteed and unsecured credit lines, subordinated agreements, regulatory matters, among other financial issues. He has participated in syndicated loans of more than US$200 million, with the formalization of documentation subject to local laws, including local guarantees. He has also advised on the transfer of financial institutions’ capital holdings to new investors.
He has been a professor of securities markets in Master Programs in Business Administration. Author of several articles and publications related to foreign investments, transparency in financial services and compliance issues for international publications, including the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) and Law Business Research of England.
- Advised the Lenders an incremental revolving facility commitment for B2Gold for US$75 million
- Advice on the increase in credit line granted by The Bank of Nova Scotia to Excell Business Limited originally for US $ 98,400,000 and increased to US $ 114,000,000.
- Financing of acquisition by Lowell Acquisition LLC of a series of companies of New Holland in Central America for US$90,000,000.00.
- Rodrigo Taboada provided legal advice to Credit Suisse ("CS") as Administrative Agent and Principal Arranger of credit facilities and the IDB.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Course, Georgetown Law Center, United States (2009)
- Master of Laws with emphasis in Corporate Law, New York University (NYU), United States (2000)
- Postgraduate in Financial Management (cum laude), Universidad Centroamericana de Ciencias Empresariales (UCC), Nicaragua (1998)
- Law Degree, (graduate with distinction) Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile (1996)
Incorporated as a Lawyer and Notary Public before the Supreme Court of Nicaragua
Incorporated as a Lawyer before the Supreme Court of Chile
Member of American Bar Association (ABA)
Member International Bar Association (IBA)
Chambers Latin America