Daniel Leiva, Associate
Banking & Finance Law
Daniel is an associate at Consortium Legal – El Salvador. With 4.5 years of experience in the banking and finance sectors; his main areas of practice are Fintech, Insurance and Reinsurance; as well as banking and financial sectors.
Previously, he was an in-house lawyer at the biggest commercial bank of El Salvador, actively participating in the reshaping of financial processes, services and, products focused on the digital transformation of the bank. Have experience dealing with legal procedures before the institution that supervises the financial market in El Salvador, procedures accomplishing the authorization of new pre-formulated standard contracts, new business models, new service and business channels and, new financial products.
Passionate about new technologies and the possibility of implementing them in the legal field, he has been involved in Legal Design initiatives to reshape and create financial products from the clients´ needs and focused on them. He has participated in technical forums and working sessions about new regulations for the financial sector and laws about data protection contributing with ideas for its redaction. In this spirit, he has focused his professional development with courses on consumer rights, LegalTech (Regtech and Fintech), and intellectual property.
- Master in IT Law, Salamanca University (Currently coursing).
- Intellectual Property course – Banco Agrícola formation program (2019).
- LegalTech, Fintech and Regtech course – Banco Agrícola formation program (2019).
- Global Summer Academy on Legal English and Introduction to American Legal System (University of Miami) (2019).
- Attorney and Notary authorized by the Supreme Court of Justice of the Republic of El Salvador (2018/2019).
- Diploma on new business opportunities, e-commerce, electronic money, and e-signature- ASIB FEPADE (2018).
- Bachelor´s Degree in Legal Science (summa cum laude), Universidad Doctor José Matías Delgado, El Salvador (2017)
- Course on Consumers Rights Regulations – Banco Agrícola formation program (2019).
- Course on Banking Law – Academic Complementary Program (PCA- Sherpas) (2013).
Edificio Avante Local 313, Urb. Madre Selva III. Calle Llama del Bosque Poniente. Antiguo Cuscatlán, La Libertad, El Salvador
T.: +503 2209 1600
Languages: Spanish, English and Portuguese